Our firm is a resource you can confidently turn to with all of your intellectual property concerns. We are adept with all forms of intellectual property infringement allegations, including theft of your fashion designs, emergence of a competing company with a product and approach that mimics yours, or any other question of intellectual property rights. We are well-suited to handle complex disputes involving the misappropriation of company property or the diversion of corporate opportunities by executives or others who are privy to confidential and trade secret information.Our attorneys have decades of experience handling sophisticated business disputes in federal and state courts around the country, from pre-suit investigation through trial, appeal, and post-judgment enforcement.
We also help writers and independent producers protect their intellectual property rights against large studios and against competitors. Independent filmmakers and writers risk the theft of their works when soliciting studios or others to finance, produce, market, or distribute their works. We level the playing field for our clients based upon our knowledge of this industry and our expertise as litigators, whether we are disputing the meaning of a contract or litigating a claim of copyright infringement or idea submission theft.
Here are some of the outcomes our lawyers have achieved for our clients:
- On behalf of the owner of the rights to the most watched animated character on the Internet, rapidly obtained a large financial settlement with complete equitable relief shortly after filing claims of copyright and trademark infringement.
- Provided legal advice to a California corporation regarding valuation of a patent portfolio.
- Represented national lighting manufacturer in dispute with world famous designer. Obtained sanctions against designer’s counsel and forced favorable resolution.
- Defended clothing manufacturer against claims of copyright infringement brought by designer. Assisted client in obtaining insurance coverage and obtained favorable resolution of claim within six months of retention.
- Successfully represented screenwriters and producers with respect to claims of idea submission theft, copyright infringement, and breach of a distribution agreement by a major film studio.